Bihar Diwas 2018
Bihar Diwas is celebrated every year from 22nd March to 24th March to mark the formation of the state of Bihar. It was first celebrated in 2010 by Bihar Government during the tenure of Chief Minister Nitish Kumar. The government has also declared a public holiday to mark this day. Like every year, Bihar is all set to celebrate its 106th Bihar Diwas at Gandhi Maidan of Patna.
However the celebrations will kick start at three locations in the city – Gandhi Maidan, S.K. Memorial Hall and Rabindra Bhavan from today. The opening ceremony will be inaugurated by the Vice President Venkaiah Naidu at Gandhi Maidan at 4.30 pm. Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, Deputy CM Sushil Kumar Modi and Governor of Bihar, Satya Pal Malik will also be present at the opening ceremony with others notable guests.
This year, the theme of Bihar Diwas is based on Champaran Satyagrah (centenary year). Apart from this, the theme also focuses on dowry system and prevention of child marriage. Various shows will be organized on these issues to create awareness among citizens. Different programs are lined up for the celebration of Bihar Diwas which will commence by paying tribute to Mahatma Gandhi’s portrait. A short documentary on the journey of Mahatma Gandhi will be shown during the inauguration session and “Vaishnav Jan To Tene Kahiye” will be performed by artists to pay tribute to “Baapu”.
Day One Events
- Paintings related to series of historical events that led Mahatma Gandhi to visit Champaran and other paintings related to Bihar will also be showcased in the exhibition
- Essay competition on “Baapu” will be organized for the participants who have been selected on state level
- A half-an-hour laser show will also be held at Gandhi Maidan from 6pm onwards on the first day of function
- A rocking performance by the Indian Ocean Band.
- Various Sufi songs and cultural performances will amuse people in S.K Memorial hall.
- Punjabi musician Lakhwinder Wadali will also perform at S.K. Memorial hall on Thursday.
Day Two Events
- State song, Bihar gaurav geet and dance drama, folk dance will be performed by various artists from 6.30 pm onwards.
- Laser show by India Tourism
- Cultural performance by Harshdeep Kaur will entertain the audiences in Gandhi Maidan
- The puppetry show and light classical music events will please people in the S.K. Memorial Hall
- Musical performance by Ishara Puppet Theatre, Vandana Jyotirmayee will also be held at the S.K memorial hall.
Third Day Events
- Folk dance, puppetry and street plays will be played by various local artists.
- Noted singer Shubha Mudgal will blow away everyone’s mind at the closing ceremony of Bihar Diwas.
More than 50 stalls have been made by different Government departments at Gandhi Maidan. Stalls of different cuisines have also been prepared for the people so that they can enjoy the event with delicious food.
So Patnaites, pick your gang members and enjoy the cultural, classical and rock band fusion shows in your city from today.
I’m an avid reader, a foodie, and a movie buff; who is passionate about the positivity around us. I love to dream and convert those dreams into words. At one moment I’m inside a shell and the very next moment I’m the ferocious one. Dynamism is my forte.
Apart from being a dreamer, I’m also a woman with a beating heart and a curious mind questioning traditional social norms. I’m a rebel at one moment and just opposite at the very next moment. My fuel is the smile of my son, the happiness of my family, and lots of coffee.
I’m also not ashamed of spending money on buying books and to fill my (always empty) stomach.