Cricket Lovers- “Festive Season for you is coming soon.” Ready for some adrenaline rush inside you. Your favorite teams are ready. Hope your favorite players are in your favourite team.
Every year it comes as full entertainment package and is a treat for every cricket lovers, whether be it kid, youth or older generation. It has successfully engaged all section of audience with its worldwide popularity. With all the controversies going around in the country, creating scads of stress among people, 11th edition of Indian Premier League 2018 is all set to give you some relief from hard knocks, with reason to rejoice along with some Glamour tadka from April 7 to May 27. Mumbai will host the opening ceremony and the final of the T20 Tournament, of course, which will be followed by some rocking and terrific performance of Bollywood celebrity.
Two days Indian Premier League 2018 auction that was happening in Bangalore, finished on Sunday. Some made huge bucks of money, some average while few were unlucky which remained unsold.
Ben Stokes, All rounder from England became the highest paid cricketer this season with winning bid of Rs 12.5 crore on the first day of auction from Rajasthan Royals. If we talk of Indian cricketer Jaydev Unadkat which grab bid of Rs 11.5 crore from Rajasthan Royals.
This year Nepal made its debut by entering into the game, As Sandeep Lamichhane from Nepal became the first to join the IPL. After the debut of Afghanistan players in last year auction, 55 overseas players from eight different countries will play in the coming season that will begin from April 7. Live broadcasting will be made through Star Sports India for people who could not make to the stadium for whatsoever reason.
The players who are playing currently in India U-19 were the hot picks as franchise this year showed a keen interest in investing in youths. Kamlesh Nagarkoti, Shivam Mavi, Prithi Shaw, Shubham Gill from U-19 team were selected by different Franchise. Kamlesh and Shivam were picked by Kolkata Knight Riders and both received the bids of more than 3 Crore whereas Prithvi Shaw and Shubham Gill were grabbed by Delhi Daredevils inviting bids in excess of 1 crore. Ishan kishan from Bihar bought for 6.5 Crore by Mumbai Indians respectively.
Here are the teams which will enter into the field for winning the hearts of millions as well as the tournament.
- Chennai Super Kings
- Delhi Daredevils
- Kings XI Punjab
- Rajasthan Royals
- Mumbai Indians
- Royal Challengers Bangalore
- Kolkata Knight Riders
- Sunrisers Hyderabad
The opening ceremony will take place on 6 April in Mumbai whereas the first match will be played in Mumbai as well on 7 April. All in all, it is going to be one of the most exciting seasons of all as many new surprising entries has made its way in a different team, so people who are you going to support this year???
Some amazing facts about IPL 2018-
- Kolkata Knight Riders spent maximum per player – 3.47 Cr.
- Rajasthan Royals spent maximum per player over base – 4.41 Cr.
- Mumbai Indians spent 20.65 Cr extra to buy 15 players whose base < 1 Cr.
- Chennai Super Kings were the most intelligent one to spend just 90L extra per player.
Most expensive Indian buys (first 4 sets):
- 11 crores – KL Rahul
- 11 crores – M Pandey
- 7.8 crores – K Jadhav
- 7.6 crores – R Ashwin
- 5.6 crores – K Nair
- 3 of them are Karnataka players!
Top 5 run scorer in IPL
- Suresh Raina – 4540
- Virat Kohli – 4418
- Rohit Sharma – 4207
- Gambhir – 4132
- Warner – 4014
- Adam Gilchrist has the best bowling figures in IPL. In his last IPL match, he bowled just one ball and took the wicket of Harbhajan Singh.
- Parthiv Patel has played for 6 Different franchises. The most by any player.
- First Ball in IPL Played by Saurav Ganguly.
- First Century in IPL Scored by Brendon McCullum.
- Most Centuries i.e (5) by any player in all IPL – Chris Gayle.
- Most Runs Conceded In An Innings by Ishant Sharma in 2013 against CSK, he spent total 66 runs in just 4 overs, most by any bowlers in all IPL.
- Most Hat Tricks took by any bowler- Amit Mishra. He took total 3 Hat-Tricks till now.
Fun facts –
- Chris Woakes- 7.4 Crores
- Umesh Yadav- 4.2 Crores
- Nathan Coulter Nile- 2.2 Crores
- Colin de Grandhomme- 2.2 Crores
Royal Challengers Bangalore Bought All above mentioned 4 Pacers Who Bowled Them Out For 49 Runs, IPL Lowest Ever Score.
Preity Zinta In IPL Auction –
Wicketkeepers are hot cakes in this auction
Samson for 8 Cr
Karthik for 7.4 Cr
Uthappa for 6.4 Cr
Most Sixes in IPL history –
- Chris Gayle – 265
- Suresh Raina – 173
- Rohit Sharma – 172
- David Warner – 164
- Virat Kohli – 159
“Player of The Tournament” from 2008-2017 (10 Seasons) was won by Only 2 Indians – Sachin Tendulkar and Virat Kohli.
Full list of IPL 2018 player retention by teams.